The Saskatchewan Association of Conservation Officers Award of Excellence has been established to honor and recognize an officer that has shown exemplary dedication and service to resource law enforcement.
- Call for nominations go out in early January.
- Nominations are accepted from Conservation Officers who are members of SACO in good standing.
- No limit to the number of nominations in this category.
- To be awarded to a permanent Conservation Officer who over the past year has distinguished themselves by superior accomplishments using leadership skills that encompasses but are not limited to problem solving, planning, organization, communication, being a positive role model, and has made a significant contribution within the resource law enforcement community.
- An ideal candidate may have lead or been a part of a complex, comprehensive or long term investigation with broad implications for resource law enforcement. The successful candidate may be involved in a multi-jurisdictional, interprovincial or international investigation
- An officer who promotes resource law enforcement. This may include, but not limited to public presentations to better enhance and promote positive public interactions with Saskatchewan CO’s
- An officer who shows initiative and motivates and inspires colleagues to achieve their best. mentorship
- More than one officer may be selected for this award, but not every nominee will be recognized or selected. There may be times when two or more officers from the same field area are nominated and selected to receive the award.
- An officer may be nominated and receive this award more than one time in their career
To submit a nomination or for more information contact the Awards Chairperson.
2018 – Derek Keast, Chris Clarke and Ryan Engele